Monday, September 22, 2008

Long Days

The past couple weeks and the upcoming couple weeks are proving to be quite tiring and busy. This past weekend was no exception. :(

On Friday, we had a big meeting that pretty much took up all day. Friday evening Ben and I had dinner with Chris to go over our living situations, etc. Neither of them have any opinions and Ben was not being very helpful. Do I feel as though we got anything accomplished? Not really. Do I feel like we have a concrete timeframe for anything? Nope. On the way home from dinner, it was raining. Ben decided that I needed new windshield wipers, so we have to stop to get some. No joke. And we got the heavy duty, Teflon kind. I can't remember the name of them, but even I have to admit, they are really really nice. Anyway, by the time we got home it was after 8, and we had to get everything ready for the next day.

Saturday was another training day at TMMC, this one being at Pier 39. As hard as it was for me to get up at 7 on a Saturday morning, it was actually kinda nice to be down on the Pier at that time. It wasn't so crowded, and you could hear the sea lions barking away, smell the seafood start cooking, and smell the salty water. It was actually really nice. Training was fine, and we took a tour of the pier to learn where pertinent places were. Plus, I got a pier hot dog...they are so super yummy. We spent alot of time watching the sea lions and stuff. And I spent a good chunk of change in the MMC store and Aquarium store, for Peanut and my friends' shower gifts (one boy and one girl). (Sidenote: Although I love gift registeries, I hate buying off of them. People get other gifts from me unless I really don't know them that well. I use them as a launching pad for my gift ideas.)

Pregnancy Note: I spent a good 20 minutes wandering around the second level of the parking garage, looking for my car. How many times did I walk past it? Probably about 5. The garage looked completely different to me that morning and I guess I was too distracted to really pay attention to where I parked. Plus I really wanted a hot chocolate from the fudge store. At least I remembered what level it was. This walking, coupled with the hikes around the Pier made me very very tired.

When I got home I had to go to the grocery store. Yes, I had too. We usually go on Thursday nights, but we didn't this week. I forget why. If I hadn't gone on Saturday, I would not have been able to go until Wednesday, leaving us with no food. By the time I got home, it was 8.

On Sunday, I did get to sleep in. But I didn't fall asleep until about 1 that morning because I was trying to get stuff done and ready for the next day. I did make myself my weekend brunch of scrambled eggs and ketchup, bacon, and waffles. Then I went back to the City to go shopping with friend G. I needed to get wedding shoes (which I found. Z will be pleased that I don't have to bedazzle a pair of crocs.). I also got 2 new bras from VS. Let me just say that I know they measured be wrong, and I almost asked to measure myself. Countless bras later, I ended up with 2 new BBV's in 38C. I also got Z's wedding present. :) We had to do quite a bit of hiking to get it.

When I got home, I was spent. I did manage to make dinner, clean the kitchen up and do some laundry. My apartment is so messy that I want to cry. I made myself a little cleaning schedule for this week. I hate leaving my apartment dirty when I go on trips. However, Ben will be in the apartment for about a week by himself, so I can't really garuntee what I will come home to. :(

Tonight I have yoga. Tomorrow I have errands to run during the workday, and then I have more training. So maybe on Wednesday I will finally be able to have an early evening and relax. Fingers crossed.

1 comment: