Monday, September 8, 2008

Unintentional Punishment

Last night I went to bed around 11 and read for a bit before falling asleep. I must have been asleep for about an hour before I woke with a jolt. I felt like something was off, not with the baby, but with my sleeping situation. I layed in bed for about 20 minutes trying to decide what it was. Finally, I got up to go to the bathroom and I realized what was wrong. Guiliani was not sleeping on my head. Not only was he not there when I got up to go to the potty, he hadn't been there when I got in bed or fell asleep. This is unusual because he at least always jumps up on the bed for a bit before I fall asleep, even if he leaves for a while before settling in for the night.

I walked around the apartment and looked for him. Layla was asleep under the air vent on the armchair like always. He wasn't behind the curtains, pretending to be a nighttime hunter. He wasn't in the windows, nor in the guest room. I was starting to get a little worried. I started turning lights on, because I didn't have my contacts in or glasses on and I am blind as a bat, and I thought maybe I just missed him in the dark. Layla just sat on her chair smuggly, as I walked through the apartment calling for him.

Then it hit me. I had opened the coat/junk closet near the kitchen to get out more paper towel. Being the curious kitty he is, Guiliani had run in and neither Ben nor I had realized it. Sure enough, when I opened the door, the kitty ran out and rubbed up on my legs. Poor little thing had been in there for about 3+ hours, probably thinking he would be in there all night for some type of punishment. I felt so bad. Poor kitty. :(

I slept fine after that, with him purring happily on my head.

No comments: