Monday, September 8, 2008

One Weight Off The Shoulders

As I have mentioned recently, it has been a pretty stressful few weeks for me and my husband. However, I would like to say that something good did happen today.

J.Cre.w sent me an email saying that my bridesmaid dress had been shipped out a few days earlier than the pushed send date. That is good. They didn't upgrade the shipping, but I figure that is ok. As long as it gets here by Saturday, I should be able to have it altered in plenty of time. Now I am praying that it fits and the baby belly has not expanded my figure so much. According to the size charts, I am well within the safety area and most likely it will just be huge. Good. :)

Stress is not good for the baby. :( I know, duh. But I didn't realize how bad stress actually was for the baby until I ended up in the hospital. I don't want to have to go back there. I am drinking like a fiend now, consuming more beverage than food. I am seriously drinking so much that I am not hungry. When I get hungry, I drink milk or juice while looking for something to eat and the hunger goes away. I didn't eat nearly as much this weekend as I could have. I haven't decided if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

So far this week is starting off on a better foot. I have been catching up from Friday and getting everything back in line. I am trying not to freak out like I was last week. I am trying not to worry so much about stuff, and just take it a day at a time. I am not like my husband who lives by "prep for the worst, hope for the best." I go by "If it isn't right in front of me, then I can't see it and don't have to worry about it," and "don't tell me until I need to really worry." I can't decide if the arising situations are being exaggerated slightly (or immensely) due to the increased moodiness from the Chan.tix. My husband is a realistic pessimist....I am a paranoid naive optimist. It makes for interesting arguments.

In brighter news still, my mom and grandma found a location for the baby shower. My mom says it will work well, and can be easily decorated. I requested a funfetti cake, with the christmas type "fetti." I think my mom thinks I am nutso, but I love, love, love me some funfetti. :) I feel Peanut moving around every now and then. It is a very wierd feeling, to have something moving in you. But it is a great one at that. I have discovered two types of Peanut movement. One is the gushing air feeling I previously described. I like to visualize Peanut dancing and twirling around. The other is a thump. During this one I visualize Peanut kicking or punching the wall of my uterus. :) Feisty little thing. I feel the gushing one more often.

No comments: