Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Adjustments

As I dive further and further into being pregnant, I notice myself making minor adjustments in my everyday schedule. And these are adjustments that I have already made adjustments on. I like to think this makes me a flexible person. :)

These adjustments include:

Taking the extra few minutes in the morning and the evening to thoroughly rub in my stretch mark lotion. Now, this may not seem like a big deal, but the exhaustion I feel from growing this tiny person inside me screams for the extra minutes to spent sleeping. And trust me....I RUB IT IN. I have already gone through 2 bottles.

I don't eat lunch anymore. Instead I eat a huge breakfast which usually consists of some type of breakfast sandwich and fruit; eggs, some type of breakfast meat and waffles; or cereal (like 2 bowls) and fruit. Then I snack until dinner, which is also a sizable meal. And of course I then have my before bed snack.

I floss my teeth about 20 times a day. I don't know why. Sometimes I even floss when I haven't eaten anything. I think it feels good on my gums.

I sleep with a pillow between my knees now. It is a huge body pillow that also allows me to wrap my arms around it. I also have my other 3 pillows surrounding me in a protective pillow fort of sorts. Oh and there's the cat pillow at the foot of the bed.

These are things I didn't used to do. Things that let me know that my life is indeed changing. :)

Oh, and my butt hurts. No, seriously....it kills me on the left side. Sometimes so much so that I can't shift my weight from one side to the other, bend down, roll onto my other side, or even stand up....This is probably something I should mention to the doctor tomorrow, right?

This is my list of things to talk to the Doc about:
- my butt pain
- the psycho mouthwash and dental plan my dentist gave me
- the lamaze options I have found
- what happens if we move to a different town
- and my bloodwork

No comments: