Thursday, November 12, 2009

Uuuuuuuupppppp!

Isaac learned to crawl about 3 weeks ago. And then last night...he stood up. We knew it was coming...he's been doing a mean downward dog since before he was crawling.

Now his favorite thing to do is stand. He crawls over to me and climbs up my leg, or claws his way up into a standing position. And my favorite thing...he covers my face in baby kisses.

He doesn't say Mama yet, but I will take this. :)


He also crawls over to me, extends his arms ups and makes the "uh! uh!" noises, asking to be picked up.

I love that too...right now. :)

We also had our 9 month check up today. Isaac weighs in at a healthy 19 lbs 4 oz and measure 28 and 3/4 inches. He is still ahead on his motor skills and physical activity development, further convincing Ben he has a star athlete on his hands. Last night he developed a huge rash on his back, which sent me into a frenzy thinking he had a food allergy or shingles...and it turned out to be eczema.

As the Doctor was checking out Isaac, he whispered to me that he had just gotten in more H1N1 vaccine and did we want this? Sure! I was instructed not to mention it while in the office, because he didn't have enough, and barely had any of the regular flu vaccines. I assured him I was not about to start a riot. :) We got the flu booster and his first H1N1. We go back for the second H1N1, polio, and hep B in December.

And we scheduled his 12 month appointment. His 1 year checkup. 1 YEAR.

And then I cried. :)

No comments: