Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hello, Baby, Are You In There?

A few days ago I felt something in my tummy that I thought might be the baby. At the time, I didn't really know what it was, but it didn't feel like gas or indigestion or anything (trust me, pregnant women know what those things feel like). I didn't really pay enough attention to it to really get what it felt like because it happened so fast. I asked the doctor at my last appointment when I would be able to start feeling the baby, and he said it may be a couple weeks yet. That was slightly discouraging, so I kinda wrote off what I felt.

And then yesterday I felt it again. Since I have been paying very closing attention to my tummy feelings, I got a better feel on it (no pun intended). I felt it right below my belly button. You know when someone swishes their hand or something in front of you, that rush of air you feel? It kinda felt like that, but inside of me.

Since I have only felt it twice, I am trying not to get too excited over it. Like any expectant mother, I am anxious to feel and see my baby. Oh, trust me, I feel pregnant. And I am definately looking pregnant. And most definately eating like a pregnant woman. I just want to know my baby is in there and kicking (literally).

I have begun to talk to the baby. And sing to the baby (Note: in the future this may be considered a form of punishment as I can't carry a tune to save my life. I figure it is ok right now because everything is muffled). Mostly I let the baby hear the lyrical brilliance of Rob Thomas and Matchbox Twenty. That is what I sing to him/her. I have heard that if I don't really know what to say to the baby yet, or I feel odd talking to it, I can read a book to him/her. I may start that.

No comments: