Thursday, May 7, 2009

Yoga for Youngens

I love yoga. I did yoga before I was preggers and all through my pregnancy. I would love to do yoga now, but I am hard pressed for the time to do anything like that right now, with the baby being so small and having no one to babysit at night. Disappointing....then I received a course listing for the local JC, and they offer a class this summer called "Mommy and Me Yoga."

The description of this class says that it combines yoga positions for mom and little one and creates a bonding experience. This sounds all fine and dandy, but the issue I have is the age specifications. It says it is from children 0 to 4 years.

Now, I am pretty sure Isaac's movements and yoga capabilities are much more limited than that of a 4 year old. I am not sure what kind of poses this yoga class entails, but I find that age range to be a bit of a put off. I really want to get into yoga, but a mommy's only post natal class will not work for me (again, lack of a sitter). It seems a mommy and baby class would be ideal. Is such a thing offered? Like, just for smaller babies? Any thoughts or suggestions?

1 comment:

JP said...

No suggestions...just wanted to say hello, and thanks for the comment. I've added you too, and have enjoyed catching up some on your blog! We totally sing inappropriate songs to Lil' Nut too!!! My favorite is the theme song from the McDonald's Filet-O-Fish commercial...We say "Give me back that baby burp, give me that burp" when we feed her...in the fish voice. And, she loves rap music too! Esp. the new Black Eyed Peas song, Boom Boom Pow.