Thursday, May 21, 2009

On the Side

Ok, so for a while I have been mentioning a supplemental income, or a side business. I wanted to wait until everything was set up and ready to go before I really said anything. Now it is, so the blogosphere can here about it.

I am an independent Mary Kay beauty consultant!

I never expected to do this. I was in retail for 5 years. But when I went home, a good friend that I went to undergrad with was offering free facials since she is trying to move up in status. I wanted to help her, so I agreed. I had no idea the makeover (no pun intended) that Mary Kay received. Or rather, my idea of the company was skewed. She completely convinced me to do it. The benefits that I can receive blow my mind. No, really. Foremost, it will allow me more and more time with Isaac as my business grows.

What does this all mean for me? I am still working my full-time job. I can do this whenever I like, however much I like, etc. It's up to me. It is giving me a fantastic way to earn the money we need to reach our goals as a family: paying off debt, moving closer to family, and buying a house. And it means we will get there that much sooner.

What does this mean for you? Oh, yes! It means something for you! In order to kick start my new business, I am offering a 20% discount off a first-time order through my Mary Kay website. 20% off of anything and everything. And all orders through my site will get free shipping, no matter what is ordered. :) Even if you just happen upon this blog by random, I will give you the discount (at my discretion....as I said, I worked retail. I know the shady ones and the tricks).

Tomorrow is my grand opening party, and I am really excited for it. I have already met some wonderful people, and I am looking forward to meeting more. Most of all, I am thrilled to pieces about what this means for me, Ben, and Isaac. :)

No comments: