Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Population Growth in South Bay :)

I received the news yesterday that my friend Daniela had her twin boys! Welcome to the world Drey and Drew!

This is very happy news. However, the babies are a full two months early, and are consequently very tiny, around 3lbs 10 oz each. This means that they have to spend a minimum of 5 weeks in the NICU. I spoke with Daniela and Drew is struggling with breathing on his own. I am going to try to visit her this weekend, since she will be released on saturday. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to be at home without your new babies. (Sidenote: Her two-year old son, Jesiah, is adorable.)

So that is the big news thus far this week. I got called for jury duty on Monday afternoon and had to sit for about 2 hours before I was instructed to go to the courthouse and sit for another hour. Luckily, I was dismissed before I had to go through jury selection (even though I had a story all worked out on why I could not serve jury duty). Sunday nights do not proove to be very restful for me, so I got home a little early and took a nap. My tummy had started to hurt around the middle of the first two hour sitting, and when I woke up from my nap, it was terrible. I tried to eat some macaroni, but no avail. Ben brought me home some saltines, which I tried to eat as well. For the next 14 hours I was in the bathroom about once every hour or so. Needless to say, I was worthless yesterday and layed on the couch all day. I feel better today, but my tummy is still a little weary of anything I eat (which thus far has been a biscuit and some sprite).

Guiliani was quite concerned about my stomach upheavel. He got up with me during the night and layed outside the bathroom door. Around 1 am, or so, I got extremely hot and short of breath, and layed on the nice cool carpet under the air conditioning vent outside the bathroom, and apparently fell back asleep. Guiliani began to nuzzle my face and walk on my back to wake me up, and then followed me back to the bed. And yesterday he slept on his couch pillow all day while I layed there. I love my kitties. :)


1 comment:

zarafa said...

well shit, i better get a move on then!