Friday, July 25, 2008

Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub

I don't have a lot of time to update, but the appointment yesterday went really well! We didn't get to see Peanut, but we did get to hear the heartbeat with the DopTone! It was the most amazing sound, and it was so fast. The NP spent the better part of 20 minutes and a tube of that wondorous cold gel (seriously, do they refridgerate that?) trying to find a heartbeat and she couldn't, which made me very nervous. She said she would have the doctor come in and listen and probably do an ultrasound. Well, the doc found the heartbeat right away, and it was so loud. :) There was no ultrasound, so no baby measurements were taken, leaving me with the same EDD. I have another appointment in 4 weeks. Fingers crossed. :)

I asked about CVS and some other tests. The doc advised against them, as I am only 27 and those tests increase the rate of miscarriage in women my age. He said another blood test will be done between 16-18 weeks. Oh joy, more needles.

Oh and all previous the blood tests came back fine, except that I haven't been exposed to toxoplasmosis, forcing a certain husband to keep cleaning the cat poo.

No comments: