Thursday, July 24, 2008

Baby Day #2

Today is our second doctor's appointment! I am so excited to see Peanut again, and hopefully we will be able to hear the heartbeat this time. I am also hoping that my due date gets pushed back up a bit. I have my little list of questions for the doctor/nurse, that my husband went over with me last night to make sure I was covering everything. On this list are my fevers, dental issues, and bloodwork results (He does not want to clean that catbox anymore...).

I have to say that I have been pretty lucky in this first trimester. I have only really been Sicky McPukey on one occasion, and I partially blaming that on a bad burrito. The nausea has been the worst part and that only really strikes in the evening, and has caused a few gagging, run to the bathroom fits. I am exhausted from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep, and my back has started to hurt. But that is about it, and I am thankful (knock on wood).
Oh, and last night I took a bath. I love baths, and used to take them all the time. One of my favorite things to do was fill the tub with bubbles and bath beads, pour a glass of wine, and watch Se.x and T.he Ci.ty on my laptop while soaking in a hot bath. And it really bums me out that I have to alter that down, aka a tepid bath with no wine. Well, last night, the water may have been a teeny bit warmer than recommended. I have only taken a few baths since we found out about Peanut, and I usually adjust the temperature with large quantities of cool water. If I start to get too warm I douse the tub in ice cold water and it all works out. I kinda felt dizzy last night after my bath, so I layed down on the nice cool carpet in the bedroom, swaddled in my towel robe. Ben came home and chastised me, and instructed me to "never take another bath when he isn't home, just in case." I tried to justify my actions by saying that my back was killing me and I didn't know when he was going to be home. No avail...he was ticked. I am pretty sure he thinks I am stewing the baby. I tried to explain that it is more of me keeping a consistent body temperature in order to maintain my health to prevent fetal distress, etc. He wasn't buying that the heat doesn't directly cook the baby. Maybe the Doc can help with that.

And finally, before the in-laws left last week, they wanted to buy us a baby gift. After spending a solid hour+ with my mother-in-law in "My Baby News," we settled on the bassinet. It rocks itself and plays music, and was just so darn cute.




We also spent a good amount of time pushing around strollers and playing with swings, so now I have a good idea of what we want. :)

No comments: