Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear Tooth Fairy

Dear Tooth Fairy:

Listen up, lady...I have gotten no sleep over the past 3 days. Maybe 6 hours in total. I mean I have been so tired, I almost put my frequent frozen yogurt card through the wash! Then you really would be getting an earful.

So, I can tell you don't have children of your own. Otherwise I don't think it would take MONTHS OF AGONY for a little bitty baby to cut ONE FREAKIN' TOOTH! This is the story in my household. Finally, after months of drool, countless bottles of tylenol and motrin, vials upon vials, of teething tablets, endless sleepless nights of comforting a teething, miserable child, and one holistic remedy, my precious little boy has his first tooth! I know this only because yesterday, he bit me so hard and I felt the little razor. Then I had to hold him down and weasel my finger into this little aching mouth to verify my discovery. That was a pleasant experience in itself.

For the tooth, I thank you.

And this I beg of you...tomorrow morning when I wake up, can Isaac have like, 6 or 7 more teeth? I mean, cut me a break here. Throw me a bone. Otherwise I make no promises about my child believing in you...and we all know what happens when a child says he doesn't believe in fairies, right?

Ok, glad we are on the same page now.

Sincerely,
One Tired Mommy

1 comment:

Open Roads Mama said...

bibs!? got it! will get a good supply! I feel your pain, and baby's pain, we are just beginning the process and oh I'm not really looking forward to it when I know pain is involved and sleepless night :(