Friday, October 30, 2009

In The Spirit of Things

As I have mentioned previously, my husband is a bit of a paranormal fanatic. This week has been like heaven for him, with all the shows having Halloween Marathons and such. This led to him telling me the tales of his own experiences, and scaring the crap out me. Yeah, I have pretty much been freaked out all week due to the enhanced quantities of exposure to these tales. Every sound I hear, my heart starts racing and I am afraid to look in the mirror or turn around for fear of what I will see.

Anyhoo, in the spirit of Halloween, I thought I would shall some of my own "freaky" experiences. Paranormal? Well, I can't say. Wierd though, and I might just be crazy. And I have to practice my ghost storytelling anyway. I am sure Isaac is going to be just like his father. Boys will be boys, right?

Here goes! Hold on to your butts!

Ben used to live in an apartment with his twin in T-town, OH. The summer before we moved out to CA, I used to stay there pretty much every night. I worked 4, yes 4, jobs and had crazy schedules. Ben worked second shift. I don't know where his brother was...maybe he worked second too. Anyway, I used to be alone alot of the time there at night.

One night I was laying in bed, almost asleep. I heard Ben throw his keys and change down on the bedside table he had, and then felt Ben flop down onto the bed. I rolled over and said hi and felt across the bed. There was no one there. So I thought maybe he had gotten up to go to the bathroom. I sat up and saw there was absolutely nothing on the table.

Hmmmm...

In the same apartment, I sometimes would fall asleep on the huge sectional they had while watching TV. I used to set the sleep timer though and Ben would wake me up to move to the bed when he got home. As a gift, I had bought Ben this funny little hippo pillow, which is now Isaac's, and I used to fall asleep with that, because I have to wrap my arms around a pillow (Ok, maybe it was really a gift for me...). One night, I set the sleep timer and soon fell asleep, hippo in my arms. In the midst of a dream or something I heard a low growling in my ear. In my sleep, I thought "What the hell is that? It sounds like a demon!" and tried to wake up. When I opened my eyes, the TV was on the white static channel. It was about 3 hours after I had set the sleep timer to turn off after 60 minutes. And the hippo pillow was propped up in the arm chair across the room.

Double hmmm......

Happy Halloween everyone! :)

1 comment:

CJ said...

I think you are dreaming and sleep walking!! LOL!