Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Last Time

When one of my friends from VS was pregnant with her son, she went through this brief period in which she was kinda sad about how things were changing and such with no warning. She really wanted to have a baby, and we all knew it, and were all happy for her. She was just kinda sad that things would not be the same anymore. And I guess I never really understand what she was feeling until now.


You never know that the last time you do something may be the last time it will ever be that way. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but as I was driving to meet a friend, it kinda hit me. This was going to be one of the last times I would see her sans Baby Lahman in tote. And that thought made a little sad despite my pregnancy euphoria.


I thought of my birthday, which I actually made into a big deal this year. I usually don't want to celebrate in a big way, just shopping with a friend and dinner with Ben. This year, we planned a big dinner and I took a day off work so I could have lunch with those who couldn't make dinner. It was a big celebratory weekend, and it was alot of fun (and also very expensive). I was looking back at the photos from the dinner, and I guess I just never thought that that may be the last birthday dinner I had like that, throwing back bottles of prosecco and wine with reckless abandon and so forth. Needless to say, I am very very glad I had that weekend like I did. It means even more to me now than it originally did.


If you ignore the red eyes that everyone is sporting, you can see the glazed, happy drunken look in my eyes caused by that empty wine bottle in front of me. :)


The last supper :)

The times, they are a changin'. I am was happy with my life when this picture was taken, and I am even happier now. I just got caught up in thinking about how rapidly life changed, all within the 20 seconds it took for that stick to show two pink lines.



No comments: