Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolute

Ah, the start of a new year. A new year that people enter into with resolutions to change their lives, to change themselves. It's time to bid adieu to 2010 and ring in the new year with resolutions.

I really don't make resolutions. I never ever keep them and being the type A personality that I am, I hate fialing at anything. That's what I feel like resolutions do for me, make me feel like a failure. Let's face it no one likes feeling that way. This is just the way I feel. If you can make resolutions and keep them, high five! Seriously. :)

What I do is take time to reflect on the year that is coming to a close. I look at what I accomplished and the happy moments that I shared with loved ones. I look at where I was at the beginning of the year and where I am to close it out. If there is something that I don't like about that year, something about myself, yes I set goals to change it. Maybe those are resolutions. But I don't think so because I don't really set myself to accomplish them in that year. They are just things about my life that I want to change, in general. I believe there is a difference. Again, that might just be me.

I am making a resolution this year. What am I resolving this year is to be happy no matter what happens. That might seem hokey, but I believe that it is the right one to make. We are in for some major changes in 2011, and I want to go into them with optimism and hope. To me, that is half the battle. We are starting this year off in California, but hopefully will not be ending it the same. That itself is a major change, and will involve many sacrifices but all for the better. No one likes change, myself include. In fact, it can downright terrify me, especially when we are happy and stable in our lives. But I, and my husband, believe that although we are happy, there is a life for us that we can be happier in. And that life is not in California. We have a wonderful life and are truly blessed and grateful. We are proud of what we have accomplished.

This new year is starting a new chapter our lives that we are excited about. We are hoping that everything plays out as we want, and that by this time next year I will be able to write that I kept my resolution, that I embraced 2011 with happiness and that I am truly happier than I could have predicted.

Here's to 2011! :)

1 comment:

LabMom said...

I wish you all the best with your 2011. Big changes, but often they are for the best.