Friday, January 14, 2011

OCD

I am a firm believer that everyone has some form of OCD in some way or another. Everyone has little things that absolutely have to be a certain way, or it drives them nuts. I have a few, to say the least.

***I am a chronic handwasher. Seriously. When I am getting ready for work or whatnot in the morning, I wash my hands about 25 times. I can literally FEEL stuff on them. Leftover hair serum. Toothpaste. Eyeshadow. Dust from the cornflakes and cheerios. It's bad. My chronic handwashing leads to very dry hands, and consequently I always have lotion with me. However, if there is too much lotion on  my hands, guess what? Yep, back to the sink.

***I checked that all our doors and windows are locked about 20 million times before I leave the house or go to bed. Not only the actual door is locked, but the screen doors are locked as well (only at nightime). I will check them before I go change into my pjs. Again after. Again after I brush my teeth. Again after I check on Isaac. Sometimes I will even get out of bed to check them again, because I know I had to unlock the doors to check the locks on the screen doors. I know, I am SICK.

***This last one is the kicker. The one that drives even me NUTSO. I don't stress over things or events. Like, big tests, meetings, etc. I know how to prepare for said events, and I do so. But I also know that there is only so much I can do and that stressing over them doesn't help. The KICKER is this: then I stress that I am not stressed out about it. Um, true story. I stress about not being stressed over something. HOW DO I FIX THAT?!

Anyway, hopefully you don't find me certifiable. And hopefuly, my son does not inherit these wonderful, um..."quirks."

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I have too many things I'm OCD about to even list. I wouldn't know where to start. I'm super anal about things being a certain way.

My husband is a chronic handwasher. So much that he'll use the bathroom, wash his hands, walk straight into the kitchen and was his hands again before he gets something.