Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A New Best Friend

Isaac is very clear on what he likes and doesn't like these days. One of the things he likes, I mean LOVES is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (come inside, it's fun inside...you know you know it!). He loves the characters and the music. He dances to the opening song and the Hot Dog Dance. When he hears the music come on, he runs from wherever he is in the house to the family room to see it on TV.

Last weekend, we were at the mall doing some returns, and we passed by the Disney Store. On a whim, I turned the stroller in to check out the pjs (I am itching to get him some Handy Manny and Mickey footies). We found the pjs, and I decided against them...I mean, one of these days, California is going to decide that it is indeed time to stop raining and stay warm. Anyway, Isaac was clearly focused on the "Squirrels in My Pants" video on the big screen. I pushed him over closer to it, and it just so happens that the screen is above the mountain of plush characters.

Isaac saw the Mickey Mouse plush toy.

"Ma Mo! Ma Mo! Ma Mo!"

(That's what he calls Mickey)

He was practically jumping out of the stroller. I mean, had there not been straps fastening him in, I would have been digging my child out of the mountain of plush. I grabbed one of the Mickey's and handed it to him.

Oooohhhh, the smile on that kid's face...it didn't matter how much that toy cost me, Isaac was going home with a Mickey. I would have paid any amount of money to see that smile on that kid's face like that. Plus, Mickey was in his vise grip arms, and there was no way I would get him free. I had to tear the tag off him to give to the checkout lady.

He carried Mickey out of the store, to the car and around for the rest of the afternoon. Now Mickey sleeps in his crib with him and is carried around the house and required for long car trips. Isaac gets mad when I tell him that Mickey can't go to daycare.

Mickey is his new best friend. And he is almost the same size as Isaac. That sure doesn't impede the friendship though. He talks to him and hugs him and kisses him. I can't wait to take Isaac to Disney World. :)

No comments: