Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The One With Isaac's Inappropriate Song

So remember on Frien.ds how Ross sings "Bab.y Go.t B.ack" to baby Emma and she loves it? Well, Isaac has a song like that that I can play for him or sing to him and it calms him right down usually. It is not as inappropriate....it's "Dis.turb.ia" by Rihanna. :)

I think he likes it because of the bass and the only part I really sing to him...the bum bum be dum bum bum be dum bum. When I was preggers and driving, I used to turn it up loud and pat on my belly in time to the beat. I think that is why he likes it so much. I still pat his bottom to the beat now.

He does have more appropriate songs. I am not a big lullaby person. My favorite song to sing to him or play for him:

"When you cross the street
Take my hand.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy...."

Aptly titled "Beautiful Boy" by one Mr. John Lennon. It brings tears to my eyes every time.

ok...so Update! Isaac slept in his cosleeper all night last night and only woke for one feeding. I put him down about 12:30 ish and he slept until 3:30. Ate and was back asleep by 4:15ish and slept until 7:45. (Note: he sleeps before then...he is swaddled and sleeping by 9 and wakes up to eat about 11-11:30...he is just in his swing). Thank you, thank you, thank you magical hot water bottle! I fill it before he eats and wrap it in a receiving blanket and put it in the sleeper. I changed it after his 3:30 feeding. He stays toasty warm and sleeps,well....like a baby. :)

No comments: