Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The New 'Do

If I had to hear one more person ask me how old my little girl was, someone was going to get hurt. Isaac has long, thick eyelashes that frame his blue eyes. Apparently, that combined with longer hair that curls at the end, makes him a girly looking boy.

On Monday night, we headed out after work to get Isaac's first haircut, done by Miss K. He likes to look in the mirror. He loves Miss K. We were hoping for the best.

The before picture:
He sat in the chair and noticed his reflection.
Then Miss K tried to put the smock on him.


He wasn't having that. In order to calm him down, we gave him a comb.

Then, the cutting began.

He held a small bottle of hairspray. Sometimes, we got laughs and smiles.

But mostly, we got this:

And this:

He had to get some hugs from Mama in order to finish up...and to steady his head.
He liked all the hair being dusted off him.
The after picture:
The back...you can see his neck!
My big boy eating his after haircut dinner...maybe I snuck him some extra cookies.

After all was said and done, Isaac did not do too bad. Had we not attempted the smock, he might not have cried at all. I got my little plastic bag of baby curls. And he is still such a handsome man.

4 comments:

The Grady Chronicles said...

He is ALL boy- what kind of a moron would think he is a girl????

Love the haircut! And the 'little stinker' onesie!

Tommy needs a haircut- the back seems so long to me, but at the same time he doesn't have a lot of hair???

Stacie said...

I LOVE Isaac's new hair cut. So very cute!

Mrs Money said...

I agree- he looks all boy! I love his haircut though!

Open Roads Mama said...

oh my goodness :) what a sweetheart! first haircut, he really looks like a big boy! :)