Friday, October 31, 2008

Finally

Yesterday I finally picked up my car! And we finally got Ben's paychecks and reimbursement. We settled for a little less money that the true amount he was owed, but we decided we were fine with it and are letting it go. I felt an enormous weight lifted off my shoulders and finally feel like I can get back into the true swing of things after vacation. I have been so stressed about it and not doing anything because of it.

I had to take the whole day off work yesterday which I was not so happy about, but I came in early today. And I may come in on Sunday. We will see how I feel. Tomorrow is a major catch-up day. I really need to get started on the ornaments for the shower, among other things.

I have decided that I am only doing Thanksgiving dinner for my husband and I this year. This is not a popular decision with my BIL and cousin-in-law. I tried to explain to them that it is a thankless role. I work on dinner for 2 days straight and no one offers to help clean up or peel potatoes or most importantly, contribute to the cost of the dinner. I just don't think I can handle it this year with the pregnancy and moving and all. There is too much else going on.

Ugh, I need some caffeine in a major way this morning. An ice-cold Coke may be in my near future.

No comments: