Friday, March 26, 2010


(Loud, Deep Breath)

The past two weeks have been absolutely insanely busy for us. It seems we haven't had a spare moment to do anything. Work was incredibly busy with large smatterings of water sampling and lab dropoffs, and then a massive set of proposals due out yesterday. I had reworked my schedule so I would be off at 4, buying myself a little time to get stuff done and errands run before picking up Isaac from daycare. Needless to say, I worked through those hours the past few weeks and then some. But...all the sampling is done now and the proposal were delivered yesterday.

(Loud, Deep Breath)

And speaking of work, in attempt to break out of my "stuck" phase, I actually looked at a few new jobs. Nothing panned out as I hoped, telling me it just wasn't meant to be. And I believe that it will happen when it's right.

Isaac, a Coworker and friend A, and I had "Run for the Seals." It was in the Ma.rin Head.lands, and it was a GORGEOUS day! I don't run. Friend A ran with one of her friends. Isaac and I did the 2 mile walk. It was um, brutal. Seriously. It was like, straight up a mountain and the incline was both ways. The path was slanted and inclined. My knees hurt. so. bad. They hurt so bad I woke up 4 times that night in PAIN., maybe that means I need to walk more. That can easily done. Isaac loves to be outside and the weather is getting warmer.

(Loud, Deep Breath)

The same day as the Run, my husband called to say that my car was not doing so well. He had taken it the day before to figure out why the horn wasn't working and replaced some caps or something. Anyone who drives with me knows I NEED MY HORN. Needless to say, we had some big decisions to make and in lieu of avoiding another car loan, we decided to just fork over the cash to fix it. It was quite stressful. I hate money, you know? But the car is almost done and knock-on-wood-fingers-crossed-hold-my-breath nothing more will need to be done to it for awhile.

(Loud, Deep Breath)

I took yesterday afternoon off and got massive things done. Bills were paid, checkbooks were balanced, laundry was folded (I finally have socks again!), curtains were washed, kitchen counters were cleaned. I even dropped off dry cleaning and batteries to be recycled. I went to Ko.hls and got Isaac's photo album and some short sleeved shirts and tank tops, because my oh my is Calif.ornia warming up quickly. My daycare lady and I went out for dinner and drinks. It was much needed "mommy time."

(Loud, Deep Breath)

Anyway, I finally feel like I can breathe again. I feel like I can actually break out of my funk, and figure out what is going on. And I feel like I can blog again! :)


Stacie said...

Welcome back! Wow, that does sound like a crazy last couple of weeks. I hope things settle down.

I know what you mean, it's warming up a little too quickly here in CA. Except it is supposed to rain in the next few days.

Anonymous said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................