Friday, February 11, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 7

Day 7: Someone that has made your life worth living for.

I have been thinking about how to respond to this prompt for a while. I had a whole big spheal that I planned to write, about the obvious answers: my son, my husband,  my family, my friends. But it seems so generic and cliche, as true as it may be. I started to think about the whole 30 days of truth exercise and what I really wanted to get out of it (besides 30 posts). To me, this about looking into myself and my life.

So my answer is this: ME.

That's right. I have made my life worth living. Sure, people have enhanced the happiness, gave me joy, and made me feel complete. My life is happy and full because of the people who are in it. But the bottom line is, I have made my life what it is.

I am a firm believer that only you can reallly affect your life. Bad things happen to everyone. And everyone has pain and sorrow and anger. But it really is your choice on how you let things impact your life. Experiences shape who you are, but you make your experiences. Happiness is infectious. Smiles make days a bit brighter and easier to get through.

I have been unhappy. I have sat for hours on end, unmotivated and feeling directionless. I didn't like feeling that way. Only you can change your life. You have to make that decision to find somethign that makes you happy or that gives you fulfillment. And I made that decision, many times. If you are unhappy with life, change it. But don't change it for anyone else. Change it for yourself. Make your own life worth living.

No comments: