Monday, July 16, 2012

Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

So you know that poem that tells you that little girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice? And then it goes on to say that boys are made of snakes (snips, whatever) and snails and puppy dog tails, which I was always kind irked by, especially when I found out I was carrying a boy. Who wants to write that on a shower invitation?! Well, then I realized that it's true. BOYS ARE GROSS.

Isaac is three and a half and all boy. I love him to death, but he's gross. There is no way around it. He's a gross little boy that likes to be gross.

He picks his nose and wipes it on me. He also chases me with boogers and eye boogers, laughing hysterically.

He farts and laughs about it. ALL THE TIME.

He peed on Luna. Yep, you read that right. He pulled down his pants and peed on our dog. I am blaming  this one on my husband who taught Isaac to go pee outside when there are no bathrooms available. Typical boy thing.

He explained to me that there are two types of poop. There is firework poop and there is snake poop. Nuff said.

He tells me that he wants to tell me a secret, pulls my ear toward him and then blows a raspberry on my cheek. Or licks it.

He spits on the table or some surface and then drives his toy cars through it.

I know that these things are typical of most little boys. And probably most kids for that matter (except the peeing on the dog. GROSS). I just don't know many little girls that are Isaac's age that do such. He does have wonderful manners (most times) and is super polite. When he is not around me, that is. Mommy gets the gross. I'm pretty sure that is in the job description.

No comments: