Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Have Always Wondered....

...what the inside of my belly button looks like. Fortunately for me, I will be able to fufill this wonder in a few days. The belly button is definately getting more shallow each day and is going to pop very soon.

Today would be Baby Day um....#10 I think, marking our 34 week appointment. I have been testing my blood sugar for 4 days now, so I have a better understanding of what kind of foods set it off and such. I am sure the Dr. will want to discuss that. I also want to know what position the baby is in at this point. And...originally, everyone planned on me working up to my due date. However, given my growing uncomfortablility and "diabetes," I am almost hoping that he moves the "last day of work" up to the end of January and puts me on disability a few weeks early. Califo.rnia law gives me a 4 week leeway for maternity disability, I believe....meaning that if I go out 2 weeks before my due date, I will have 2 weeks after my due date to continue disability until the baby arrives and I go on actual maternity leave. That would be an extra 2 weeks of disability that I haven't really budgeted for, but at this point I am just thinking that it may be too much. We will see I guess. I am probably just being a sissy.

Last night I continued to go through the baby clothes and try to determine what else is really needed. We got a heap of clothes from the shower, and are most likely getting some hand-me-downs from some friends. I think what Peanut really needs are 0-3 month onesies and socks. I am just so clueless on what this little boy is actually going to need. :(

My list of things that need to get done:
~buy and install extra car seat base (Saturday trip to baby consignment store)
~finish thank you cards from shower 1
~start washing baby clothes, towels, sheets....
~get batteries because every thing baby apparently requires 20 batteries
~update baby book and calendar
~pack hospital bags
~re-submit hospital paperwork with new address
~get pictures edited and uploaded (involves installing photoshop onto laptop)
~find rug for nursery

My latest pregnancy craving....CAKE. Damn diabetes.

No comments: